Friday, January 06, 2006

A Giant Leap to The Diamond Blossom Scarf

I admit it, I am a freebie junkie. Iris Schreier's Multidirectional group on Yahoo offers free patterns for completing different projects, and I am determined to get them all! So as soon as I had Iris' book, Modular Knitting, in my hot little hands, I jumped in feet first on the Diamond Blossom Scarf pattern.

I had to order another skein of Regal Silk 101, a flimsy excuse to buy more ArtYarns! I started working on this pattern during a tornado watch and warning, so I ended up frogging and tinking several times - I was a little tense, watching the emergency broadcasts on TV and alternately scanning the sky for funnel clouds.

I realized after I started working that I should have worked through the multidirectional tutorials before jumping into this pattern , but the lure of another free pattern was incentive enough to keep at it until I had the pattern fixed in my brain.
It is lovely, it is gorgeous, and I wore it outside and in for its' lightweight warmth and luxurious drape. I never envisioned being able to create something this beautiful! DH even noticed and complimented me on my work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

That is a gorgeous scarf. What is the link to the Yahoo group for it?

Shelly
www.theyarntart.blogspot.com

April 03, 2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger moonsib said...

Here is the link for the Yahoo MD group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multidirectional/

I don't know how long ago you posted a comment - I never expected any comments on my blog! The pattern for this scarf is in Iris Schreier's book Modular Knits:

http://www.amazon.com/Modular-Knits-Techniques-Todays-Knitters/dp/1579906494/sr=8-1/qid=1162766803/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4988945-9312055?ie=UTF8&s=books

You should be able to find her book in bookstores and craft stores - I just saw it in Hobby Lobby - and now that it is in a 2nd or 3rd printing all the errata should have been corrected. Iris has a list of the corrections on the Yahoo group site, also on her ArtYarns site:

http://www.artyarns.com/

Thanks for the nice comment on my scarf, hope to see you on the MD group!

November 05, 2006 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home