Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm No Athlete

I signed up to compete in the Knitting Olympics on Yarn Harlots blog, and my entry is Iris Schreier's Starburst Shawl from her book Modular Knits. I'm ashamed to say I didn't train or prepare in any way, and hadn't even started winding my 4 skeins of Regal Silk 114 into balls until the opening ceremonies. I started on size 8 bamboo needles and frogged it to start over on size 4 bamboos. I put it aside to finish a birthday gift, and finally got down to some serious knitting last night during the men's figure skating. I missed one pattern correction and tried to figure it out on my own - which I did - and was vindicated when I looked up the errata and found I did it right! Thanks, Iris, for teaching me how to 'read' my knitting! I have doubts that I will finish before the closing ceremonies, but I'm on my way to the next free pattern if I finish it by the end of March. So much for this Armchair Athlete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home