Monday, March 13, 2006

Starburst off the needles!

The Starburst Shawl is off the needles and blocking on the ironing board. Since I can't afford a steamer I am using my Rowenta iron, which dripped some water on the shawl, aarrgh! That's what those dark spots are.

I used 4 skeins of Regal Silk colorway 114 and used all but a few yards. I added two additional pattern repeats to make the shawl wider. I used size US 4 bamboo needles, the flexible kind. The finished stitch gauge worked out to 5-1/2 stitches per inch.

I took a picture of the shawl on a hanger before blocking so you can get some idea of the dimensions.

Also a closeup picture of the pattern, again with dark water spots. Aarrgh.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home