Monday, March 13, 2006

Silk Ribbon Diamond Blossom Scarf, The Beginning

I didn't give the needles a chance to cool down once I cast off the Starburst Shawl. I have a March 31 deadline to meet so I can qualify for more free Iris patterns!

This is the beginnings of another Diamond Blossom scarf, worked in ArtYarns Silk Ribbon colorway 123. When knitted up, it has a "boingy" texture. I'm using US size 7 Colonial Rosewood dp needles - and one great thing about using dpns is that I can store my markers on the spare needle. This silk ribbon is very delicate and tends to catch on the slightest thing, so I have to slather on skin-softening products before working with it. I'm hoping it will stretch out quite a bit with blocking, otherwise the 2 skeins of silk ribbon may equal a neckwarmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home