Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Pattern That Misbehaved

Once in awhile I can't get a pattern out of my head, and the only solution is to put aside all the other UFOs and make it. That was the case with this shawl pattern - I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I couldn't find the thread it called for. I went stash-diving and found 2 colors of cotton thread, earmarked for some crocheted bags, and worked up this Country Cotton Shawl from Lion Brand Yarn.
I used 2 different colors held together: 1 strand of Caron Grandma's Best Crochet Thread in Pale Teal and 1 strand of Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread in Delft. I tried other, thicker cottons, but they didn't produce the lightweight drape I wanted. This shawl could be used as a pareo or sarong over a swimsuit, which is what I had in mind for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home