Monday, November 20, 2006

Mastering Knitting In The Round

Up until now, I have avoided knitting in the round, because to me, using dpns is comparable to wrestling with a porcupine. One solution is to learn how to knit in the round with 2 circulars, so I experimented with this technique to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves. I used Kim's Fingerless Glove Pattern and Bernat Sox yarn in the colorway Jazz Hot, and size 2 circular dpns. I'll be using these gloves often throughout the cold weather, especially if it is warm enough to sit outside in the sun to knit.
Most of my knitting has been completely given over to making preemie garments for my husband's twin granddaughters. This is Pat Z's Newborn Vest for Infants With Tubes
worked in Red Heart Soft Baby in the colorway Mint Twinkle, on size US 3 needles. I like the heathery look of this yarn, it's a nice departure from the typical pastel baby yarns available. This vest will be finished with plastic snaps at the shoulders and front opening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home