Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Model Granddaughter

Here is my contest entry on a live model, my granddaughter Arlyn Danielle. She really put her heart into modelling it for me!
I'm really happy that I was able to estimate the right length for her - and I sincerely hope this fulfills her wishes for clothes in her favorite Barbie-pink-and-purple colors.
Here's a closeup of the skirt where I joined the geometric tote technique with the Sheer One-Piece Shawl technique. All my grandkids are just growing up way too fast since I moved away from them. I miss them all very, very much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This outfit is completely stunning and as soon as I figure out the methods I hope I can create something similar to that FABULOUS skirt! WOW! If you ever feel up to explaining or giving/selling the pattern (not sure how that works as the original design was Iris's) please let us know! My daughter would just FLIP. Your GDaughter looks soo excited and she should be. Just beautiful!

September 28, 2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger moonsib said...

The skirt is a combination of the Square Holes Sweater (the waistband), the felted geometric tote (the yoke), and the Sheer One-Piece Shawl (the zigzag hem). I did lots of swatching and ripping out with practice yarn before I was pretty sure the combination would work. Iris really did all the hard work, coming up with the MD designs in the book - I'd love to share but I'm unsure of copyright issues, hopefully Iris can clarify.

October 03, 2006 2:05 AM  
Blogger Hannestrik said...

Hov nice it is, and hove fan'tastic model you have.
Love Hanne Denmark

August 30, 2007 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home