Sunday, September 09, 2007

Southern Illinois Fiber Arts Collective

I have finally found a local group to join, the Southern Illinois Fiber Arts Collective. I made this soap sack from Lily Sugar 'n Cream Twist during my first meeting. Many of the members were spinning, and one was knitting with the new square needles. I am going to learn to spin with a drop spindle! Once a month they meet at The Yarn Shoppe in Herrin, which is both good and bad for me. Usually I can restrain myself from going there several times a week, but one visit is all it takes - I won't tell you how much $$ I spent there at the last meeting.

1 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

Hi Ann! I just got my drop spindle and I am having SOOOO much fun! I'll be interested to see what you glean from your group as I haven't found anyone around me who spins with a spindle so that I can ask questions. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Did you receive a package this week????

Kim in IA

September 15, 2007 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home